Here are some reasons which can cause this problem:
1) Since in the home page and the profiles page, the system only shows the profiles which have the hour rate less than the value of the option “Freelancer budget limitation”.
A simple guide to get rid of this issue is going to Dashboard => Engine Settings => Settings => Content and increase the current value of this option.
2) You added profile via dashboard – The system only shows freelancer profiles which was registered via front-end, available for hire and are verified.
3) It might be caused by your customization via child-theme.
Ex : You remove the hour_rate field in the profile of freelancer account. If the profile is not set the hour_rate. it will not be showed on the front page.
4) If the current user is an administrator account, the current user can see all profiles.Otherwise, if the current user is employer/freelancer or visitor, the current user only sees the profile which profiles are available for hire now.
5) Only the administrator account can see profiles of employer account.
So if you log as administrator , the number profiles probably are greater than as you log as freelancer or visitor.